Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Grid Me - CKCB Challenge #3

Well hello there!!
Today is Challenge #3 over on the CKCB 
and it is all things grid.

Now when I was first given this challenge,
I thought, Hmmm...... what do I do with this?
You see, when I use grids it is quite by accident.
I don't sit at my desk and think, 
"I'm going to use a grid for my background today."
Nope.  I'm more of a fly by the seat of my pants
kinda gal.  If I see it and it makes me smile then
grid or not, that's my background.
I know, my system is mind boggling =)

So for this one, I pulled out some grids.
Honestly didn't even know if I had any,
but I did.
But it wasn't jumping out at me. 
So I looked over on my desk 
and to what do my wandering eyes appear?
Maggie Holmes of course.
My BFF.
Just sayin'

anyway.....

This lovely was staring at me.


So I set about using it as inspiration.
So mine certainly isn't of the perfection kind,
but it is of the mine kind,
and I love it!

I drew my grid using a ruler, 
but as you can see, not exact.
A little haphazardly.


This is a picture from our vacation last year.
It is a dark picture of me holding up our supper
we'd just caught.  
I need to go back in and edit some of these shots
to lighten them up a bit, but I just LOVE this shot.
dark and all.
I remember how I felt holding this up.
Amazing!!  


I decided tto go with a very simple color combo:
Black, White & Yellow
Love it.
This little beaut was in my Maggie Holmes (BFF)
chipboard stickers.  LOVE IT!

Who Knew?  I liked to fish?!!


And I also REALLY liked the whole thing vintaged out
like only Rhonna's app can do.
Love it!


Well thank y'all for stopping by and I hope you will do something
with your own grid design, and when you do, please link up.  
We'd LOVE to see it!!

Have a Blessed and Beautiful,
Krafty Kind of Day ~~ 

5 comments:

  1. Great take on the grid design challenge Dawn! I love your perfectly imperfect grid patterned paper. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colour combo and love the way you've arranged the elements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous grid Dawn, wonderful layout

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the simple colour combo and the hand drawn grid looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a different take on the challenge - great idea!

    ReplyDelete