Thursday, May 9, 2013

LO's and Documenting.....


So I have not always been the best LO Documenter in the world.
Journaling has not been my strong suit.
As I have been looking back on pages I did last year,
I was so reminded of the challenge it was to me in the beginning.
And I'm not even sure why.

You see, I am a journaler.
Just not so much on LO's.
I LOVE my Prayer Journal,
Sermon Journal,
the Journal I keep for my son,
and my Journals in general.
Yes, I have several,
and love each one,
but journaling on pages.
Tough.

So this year, I've given myself permission NOT to be pressured
by this fault of mine.
Instead, just let myself be me,
and guess what?
I'm journaling more on my LO's =)

Sometimes a little.....
Like in this Page.
This is my dear,
sweet, artistically fantastic
boy.

These LO's are brought to you couretsy of kits made
for CKCB this month.
LOVE.

Stylistically Crate Paper is quickly becoming a fav of mine.
That animal print in the back ground is from Trend,
and the striped is from DIY.  So great!!!  So fun!!
And so classic with a modern twist.  Love that!!

When I looked at this page, I new I wanted more than just
black and white, so I added in some teal, and LOVED that
small pop of color.

His picture is matted, then popped up on two more layers and all of
that is on top of a Washi tape mat of sorts.


Lately, my own handmade embellies have been making my pages.
More and More I am thinking outside the box and mixing things up,
and LOVING it!!

Here we have a twiney love =) bow, actually a double bow,
and hot glued onto a paper clip and then some star bling added
to the center.  It is a little hard to make this embellie out, what
with all the black and white =)  BUT it is so cute on the page.
Love.


Then that journaling I was talking about.
Not a lot of journaling here, but just what
I wanted to say, all dress up with another
bow =)  and see that sweet little Amy Tan
camera?  Well that is actually from the packaging
on one of her lines.  (Can't remember which one).
But I've had it for ever so long.  LOVE IT!


Lettering and pen work up close.
Love mixing fonts.
A new fav lately!


Up close of the Washi and this boy.
Oh this boy.
I love him so.

Then if you follow me on Instagram, (and if you don't you really
should.  I have a lot of fun over there via some funky-fun pictures.
I'm petriidawn.  Look me up =)
anyways.....

Here is another LO on lessons learned during my recent
spine surgery.  BTW - still learning lessons from this one.
I suspect the lessons will keep a comin'
This page I did on NSD in response to one of Shimelle's 
challenges:  Use Pink.
Ok.


Added some sequins and pins and flair and bling.....
yep.


And burlap and lace.
Yep.
Every.
Day.
Of.
The.
Week.

(If you know me in real life, you know I wear a lot of lace and
chucks.  Yep.  It's the way I roll. =)



Close up of the lettering mix used on this one.
Love those K & Co letters.
Yep so glad I put those in the kit this month.
They definitely needed some usin' =)


So there you have it.
Life in the fast lane.
=D hahahaha  that made me laugh.
anyways.....

You can see on that last LO LOTS more jouranling
went on there, with Scripture in there too.  
My favorite way to journal.

Thanks for stopping by ~~ 
Have a Blessed and Beautiful,
Crafty, Kind of Day ~

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful pages! I used to journal quite a bit on my layouts (as in paragraphs and paragraphs of journaling) but recently I've been enjoying focusing just on the photos. I'm sure I'll eventually go back to journaling tons but, for now, I think it's great to be able to create without pressure of doing things a certain way. I hope you are healing well from your spine surgery. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WONDERFUL pages, Dawn!!!! I love how you're venturing into more journaling on your pages....especially the ones about your surgery lessons. What a testament those pages will be to God's goodness in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages Dawn - love the washi mat and your expression!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like those little elements you've added - your twine paperclip is really cute and the perfect addition. Personally, I adore Crate and could buy all their stuff if I could! ha ha! I like the combination of papers and elements you have used on both these layouts. Sometimes just a few words are needed but I like the possibility of writing a whole lot when there is a lot to say

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work, my friend!!! Loving your handmade embellies :)

    ReplyDelete