Friday, May 3, 2013

Bloom

So over on the CKC Blog today,
they have the first Challenge up,
and boy was I up for it!

They listed several CSI (Color Stories Inspiration) Case Files.
I chose No. 37.
The colors I needed to use were:
Black
Gray
Deep Red
Sky Blue
White

CKC told us to make a kit with whichever Case No. we chose,
be it a page kit, or a mini, or a card.....
I chose to do a page kit.
So here are my elements based on the criteria set for the one I decided on.

The sequins were for the blue and white ones.





So we were to use this sketch and color scheme:


This is my niece Becca going to her Junior Prom this year.
I made a mini for her,
and had printed this picture in 4x4's and this 4x6.
I put the 4x4 in her mini
and used this one for my LO.

The music notes are a Glitz rub on
that I've had in my stash for ever so long.
Since I went with a white background 
(which is a rarity for me ~~ I am a Patterned Paper lover =)
It made a perfect landing spot for her gorgeous picture.

I was to use Stripes and Packaging or wrappers.
This tissue paper satisfied both of those elements.
Plus I just straight up LOVE using tissue paper on my LO's
lately.



Here is a close up of that rub on.
LOVE.


I know you can't really see,
but I misted with Studio Calico White (Opaque)
on my white background.
In person,
it lends itself to such a lovely monochromatic touch
to this LO.
I've never done that before 
and would have thought you couldn't even notice,
 it is subtle .but it adds lovely texture.
And this little sticker,
I made into a banner.
Love.


The reason I chose this particular Case,
was because for the title you were suppose
to use a Song Title or Lyrics.
I have been thinking about doing this lately,
so it was just the right one for me.

I used song lyrics from Moriah Peter's song, 
"Bloom".
If you haven't seen the youtube of this song,
you should check it out.
So Clever and Beautiful.
She sang this at our church recently,
and played the video on the big screen.
So Sweet.
And so true about my beautiful niece.


This was a GREAT challenge!!
And one I have completely enjoyed this afternoon.

Have a Blessed and Beautiful,
Crafty Kind of Day ~~

4 comments:

  1. Cool idea, great execution. Fabulous page. You totally rocked the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness! I LOOOOOOVE that title! May have to borrow it for one of my layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job with this case file! Love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your page kit is really pretty.
    delightful layout too.

    ReplyDelete