Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Camp Scrap + June Kit = 3 LO's

I am LOVING Camp Scrap 
She is so talented and I am truly enjoying all that I'm learning in this class.

Now I am not usually one to use sketches.
I have been so intimidated by them in the past
that generally they stay right where they are, 
on my computer screen,
 and never make it to my LO.
But as part of a challenge for Camp Scrap,
I used a very simple LO that May gave us,
and I took off.

I used my June Baby Boy Kit,
my cute baby boy Grandbabe pics
and this sketch.....


And Voila!!! 


In May's Curious Scrapbooker's Field Guide
class I took earlier this year,
May used a technique that I have just come to love.
She used glossy accent over letter stickers.
I LOVE this technique!
I use it SO much.  
It gives the letters such a shine.
They feel almost like an epoxy sticker.
So fun.


Add some doodle twine.....
'Nuff said =)


I added a sweet tag from my kit.....
Wrote some sweet journaling.....


Add more twine
with a fancy knot
Get out of town ~~ CUTE!!!


~~ LO #2 ~~
Here is a beautiful photo taken of my Mr. Winslow 
& our Grandbabe.

This page has another element from Camp Scrap.....
May challenged us to do a Confetti Burst on our LO's.
This technique is SO fun!!



In this Confetti Burst,
I used Bling + Glossy Accents.
The Glossy Accents were quite by accident.
I was putting them on as glue for my bling and the first drop went in the wrong place.
I liked the look so much I added drops between my bling,
and the result is GREAT!!!  
I did some pen work on this LO and yes more twine.
Love.


This LO was again from a sketch.
I am just loving sketches I tell ya.
Everything just looks more cohesive with a sketch.



I have been watching a lot of Shimelle videos (love her too),
and she mixes and matches letter stickers A LOT.
So I thought I'd try it on this LO.....
and I LOVE the result!!!

Here are a couple of elements I pulled out extra.
Love.



Journaling is also an area
that has intimidated me in the past.
I am now journaling on pretty much ALL my pages,
as it should be.
One must tell one's story Yes?
Yes.

So this Journaling card was actually vertical
with the black decorative strip at the top and bottom,
but I didn't have room for it vertical,
so what's a girl to do?
Cut it in half,
ink it up to match your page,
put a little washi love 
down the center
and write your story.
And doing it that way,
allowed me to add journaling,
 and two different thoughts about this photo 
and LO on the same page.
Love.


I have a couple of smaller pieces of this lace
that has an edge sewn on it to make it a ruffle.
Well ruffle didn't work on this page,
so what's a girl to do?
Take off that strip
so it will lay flat,
ink it up to match your page and lay 'er down.
Lovely.


I am so enjoying the classes I'm taking 
and the kits I'm making thanks to CKC.

Have a Crafty Day ~~
dawn

5 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC!! What a cutie :0) You will be so glad in years to come that you have journalled on these pages and it looks fabulous. Loving what you have done so far...hope there is more to come :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three adorable layouts!! I love the drops of glossy accents bling!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, three great pages, with lots of wonderful details on each.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious baby pages!!! Love all of the cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun!!! Congrats on being mentioned on May's blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete